Monday, December 26, 2011

Knit One, Purl What?




I think I mentioned in the first Knit One post that I had decided to knit most of my Christmas gifts this year. Well, I overcame my procrastination (just a little) and persevered!
Katie, my 13 yr old niece, got a soft, fuzzy scarf in purple and black.
I think she likes it, judging from the pictures!


The 16 year old, Kristen, was gifted this scarf and hat (the first one I made) in chunky greens, blues and purples. She declined to model it, but harassed me all Christmas Day to teach her to knit.


I'm going to start teaching both of my nieces to knit in the near future....
stay tuned, as I'm sure the experience will be humorous!

See the cute little munchkin in the photo below?


This is Zackary.
He's the son of my friends, Sunshine & Brandon.
He has an affinity for beanies.
He will steal them off of his father's noggin.
Now he has his own.
The pattern called for a pom pom at the top,
but I switched it out for a big tassel.


Several folk got dishcloths, too. Plus, I'm still working on dishcloths since I ran out of time.
No! I didn't procrastinate! I swear upon my knitting needles!
I'll keep posting pictures as I finish.
And wish me luck teaching the nieces...I'll need it!


1 comment:

  1. oh, lizzie! i love it when you write. And now you knit as well as you write...creatively. Love Katie's scarf and Brandon's hat.

    ReplyDelete